Booking Packmyload services, substitutes your acceptance to our terms and conditions set forth. These are the terms and conditions of Packmyload set forth as an agreement between the Carrier (Packmyload) and the Client (you)
1. Pre-Move Preparations: Self-packing is an option. You can purchase packing supplies from us. Pack everything in boxes. Do not use paper or plastic bags. Shut and tape tops and bottoms of boxes. Clearly indicate the destination of all boxes on the space provided at the front of the boxes, mark FRAGILE as needed. All fragile items, including lamps, china, computers, stereos, DVD’s etc. must be properly packed.
It is expected that:
i. there are no dirty dishes and utensils pending for washing
ii. the refrigerator/freezer is defrosted
iii. contents of refrigerator, cupboards and drawers are emptied and properly kept in a box or safe place.
2. Phone Estimates: It is important to be as accurate as possible when providing an Inventory List. Your Estimate is based on the Inventory List that you provide. We use this Inventory List to determine how many movers and hours your job will require. This helps us with scheduling and enables us to give you an accurate Estimate. The Estimate is based on your home being packed and ready to move. Adding a significant number of items to your move after you have given us an Inventory List will increase the time required for your move, thus, the Cost for your move will increase.
The following is not included in the Company’s Quotation, unless agreed by the Company in writing prior to the beginning of work.
i. Dismantle or assemble furniture of any kind; with the exception of certain beds, baby cribs or kitchen tables.
ii. Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
iii. Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
iv. Move or store any items excluded under Clause Excluded Items.
3. Excluded Items: The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and if they are moved by us, we do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage:
i. Jewelry, watches, precious stones, money, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
ii. Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
iii. Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestations.
iv. Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
v. Any animals including pets, birds or fish.
vi. chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to propane, fertilizer, paint, thinners and gasoline.
4. Damage Claims: Damages rarely occur because of the extreme cautiousness the movers use when moving, but we are human, and mistakes do happen. Our policy for damages that occurs varies on the value and type of damage. All shipments are covered under basic valuation policies. Additional coverage is available prior to pick up. Packmyload is only responsible for items in our immediate care, custody, and control. Packmyload reserves the right to repair any damaged item before you have it repaired or replaced. No other damage claims will be awarded and or processed. Items, Objects and or Appliances which are damaged will have a "Replacement and or Repair" value. Time limit for file claim is two days after the delivery. No claim will be processed exceeding the time limit. Claim for items not on the inventory list will not be processed.
5. Loss: We are not responsible for any missing items after the movers have left your premises. You are responsible to inspect your items and make sure all your belongings are accounted for prior to the mover’s departure your premises.
6. Release of Liability: Occasionally it may not be possible to place items where you would like them without possible damage to the items or premises. If this situation arises, our Packmen will present you with a release form indicating that you accept responsibility for any ensuing damage. Packmyload will not attempt to bring your items to their desired location unless the release of liability has been signed.
7. Arrival time: Please note that all times given are estimated times (time slots) of arrival and may vary between 2-3 hours. Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.
8. Cancellations/Rescheduling Policy:
i. By Customers: We understand that changes such as scheduling for unanticipated events may occur frequently, that is why we do no charge any fees if you reschedule or cancel within 72 hours (3 Days) (please note that after the 72 hour period before your move, 100% of the reservation fee is non-refundable). If you cancel or postpone on the schedule date, we may make a charge to cover our expenses and/or loss. Although, we do not charge a fee for such actions, we do request that you do notify us immediately if such changes do occur. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
ii. By Movers: In the event that there is an irresolvable dispute, our company reserves the right to refuse our services and will not be responsible or liable for any penalty or hardships you may encounter. The movers also have the right to request for your move to be rescheduled to an alternate date and time we have available, in the occasion that an unforeseen urgent situation or emergency occurrence occurs and our company will not be responsible or liable for any penalty or hardships you may encounter.
9. Additional Charges: There may be additional charges for transportation of items not included in the original estimate. Extra pickups and/or deliveries, removal and /or replacement of doors, packing last minute done at the request of the carrier, and any service considered out of the ordinary may incur additional charges. There will be a charge of N2,500 per floor
10. Bulky Items: Pool tables, pianos, safes, hot tubs, motorcycles, and other items that may be added to this will be charged a "bulky item" charge. It will be in addition to the hourly rate of the move.
11. Invoicing and Payment Terms: Client is required to pay no more than 100% of the invoice upon completion of service. If any additional costs or fees are added to the balance, the Client will be allowed to make payment arrangements to liquidate any pending dues thirty (30) days after service completion. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You may also pay with cash.
12. Wall damage: Shipper understands that oversized furniture does not easily fit through small hallways, stairwells, doorways and accessways especially furniture that was not designed for apartments. The Packmen will advise customers of this possibility before trying to fit oversized items in or out of premises.
13. Weather and Traffic issues other delays: Packmyload is not responsible for weather traffic, construction, elevator issues and other similar delays that are beyond our control.
14. Policy on Tips: Your generosity is more than welcome and is very appreciated for the hard work that our moving team provides. Although it is customary to tip the movers, you are not required to do so.
15. Storage: Rates are calculate buy Size of goods. Long term or short term storage is available. Payments are due monthly and storage payment which not received on time will be charged late fee for N1,000. Payment of storage charges, including removal charges must be paid before the goods may be taken out of storage.
16. Payment withheld: This guarantee shall not apply where any or all of the payment due to us from you is withheld or not paid by clear funds. You may not withhold any payment because of any claim you may wish to make against us.
17. Goods held in Lieu of payment: We reserve the right to seize, hold where payment is not forthcoming. We have a legal right to withhold or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment, you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred by withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.